Tulsa Natural Health : Durant
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Tulsa Natural Health Clinic in Durant, Oklahoma. There are many challenges to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In today’s society our bodies are overwhelmed with toxic chemicals, inflammatory viruses, bacteria and heavy metals that can contribute significantly to our chronic health problems. At TNHC we believe we have the solutions to many of these issues.
We believe that in order to enjoy lifelong health and wellness one must find a balance of the body, mind and spirit. Our programs incorporate the physical, mental and spiritual components based upon Christian and Scientific principles to help people of all ages reach their health and fitness goals. Like the mass of an iceberg, most causes of disease lie beneath the surface. Our clinic does not simply focus on alleviating symptoms, but instead investigates the root causes.
Dr. Harris specializes in difficult cases that many practitioners have given up on. He has lectured to physicians in the United States, South America, Europe and Australia describing how to integrate functional medicine in a traditional practice. Dr. Harris provides highly specialized and personal service to all his patients.
One of the many tests offered at Tulsa Natural Health Clinic for Gluten Sensitivity. There is a huge difference between gluten intolerance and Celiac disease.
According to the prestigious Mayo Clinic Celiac disease is an immune reaction to eating gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. If you have celiac disease, consuming gluten containing foods triggers an immune response in your small intestine. Over time, this reaction produces chronic inflammation that damages the lining of the small intestine and causes malabsorption. The intestinal damage can cause weight loss, bloating and sometimes diarrhea. Eventually, your brain, nervous system, bones, liver and other organs can be deprived of vital nourishment.
The human body has an innate ability to repair itself, in most cases, when provided with the proper nutrients and environment.
To help you and your family achieve and maintain optimal health care, appropriate detoxification, a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Signs of Gluten Intolerance are not limited just to the gut (bloating, gas, diarrhea and even constipation) See below
- Keratosis Pilaris (also known as “chicken skin” on the back of your arms. This can be the result of a fatty acid deficiency and vitamin A deficiency secondary to fat-malabsorption caused by the gut being damaged by gluten.
- Fatigue, brain fog or being tired or sleepy after a meal that contains gluten.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or even MS.
- Gluten Ataxia: neurologic symptoms such as feeling of being off balance or even dizziness
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Migraine headaches
- Chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- Chronic inflammation, pain in your joints
- Mood swings, anxiety, ADD, depression etc.
Testing for gluten-intolerance incomplete until now — Cyrex lab offers a new breakthrough!
Gluten has been linked in the literature to 55 diseases so far, most of them autoimmune. The effect of gluten on brain and nervous tissue is significantly worse and more far-reaching than researchers realized. Yet thanks to poor lab testing and general misinformation many people continue to eat gluten, unaware it is harming them. Fortunately a revolutionary breakthrough in gluten reactivity testing at Cyrex Labs, founded on years of leading immunological research, is now available to help determine whether this ubiquitous food is damaging your health.
Problems with standard tests for gluten intolerance
- Standard blood tests for gluten intolerance have a less than 30 percent accuracy rate. Would you tolerate that accuracy rate for a cancer, heart disease, or even pregnancy test? Gluten has to have significantly destroyed the gut wall for blood testing to be effective, and for many people that isn’t the case…especially if the brain, heart, or some other part of the body is the main target of attack.
- Current salivary tests produce false negatives due to the assessment of only one antibody of one wheat protein. Stool tests produce false negative and false positives due to specimen-interfering factors that alter the outcome of results.
- Current tests only screen for one component of wheat. Yet people can react to a single protein in wheat, or a combination of many proteins, peptides, and enzymes associated with wheat. Cyrex Labs tests for twelve of the most antigenic (meaning most likely to provoke a reaction) pathogens associated with wheat.
- Some people also have cross-reactivity to gluten. For instance, eating dairy can trigger a gluten-like immune response because the body sees them as one in the same.
Cyrex Labs hones in on the specifics of gluten intolerance
After many years of research and development Cyrex Labs in Arizona now offers thorough and comprehensive testing for gluten intolerance. Cyrex was founded by Aristo Vojdani, Ph.D., M.Sc., C.L.S., a leading researcher in the fields of autoimmune disease and neuroimmunology who has published more than 100 scientific papers.Contact Us Today.